11 replies to this topic

#1 elguapo64

elguapo64

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm at rehearsal jamming away and my signal cuts out. Well these G30's eat batteries but I have plenty. However I notice the battery door is cracked in half. Weird. The only pressure it's receiving is from the spring that holds the battery.

Has this happened to anyone? Does Line 6 cover this or at least offer a repair?

#2 tadium54

tadium54

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

How old is it? I would imagine they would cover it. if they don't you can use zipties to keep the battery in, or a piece of a bike inner tube. Both keep the batteries in quite snuglly

#3 shawnhagen

shawnhagen

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

My battery door is also shady, in the middle of songs the green and blue light from the wireless guitar part flashes and there is no signal. I'm still trying to figure out why.

#4 remco150469

remco150469

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

I have also the same problem. It's my second G30 belt pack with problems with the battery door. I think it's a weak point. I have read that Velcro around the belt pack will keep the door closed. I will try that and hope it works because I like the system.  If not I think I will buy a new wireless system from another brand because I won't buy a third belt pack.

#5 robertfichera

robertfichera

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:42 AM

battery door latch is broken on my G 30 wont stay closed

#6 infoonline00

infoonline00

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

Well, it is obvious that there is a defect in the design of the Relay G30 battery door.  The battery door on my recently purchased G 30 started to crack almost right out of the box, only after a few uses and I made sure I was being very careful with the way I installed the batteries and stored the unit away so it would not get damaged.  It is obvious, at least to me anyways, that the designed push back pressure from the springs at the bottom of the battery slots which push the batteries against the battery door, to ensure that there is a snug contact on both the positive and negative contacts for both batteries, is simply too great for the flimsy battery door to withstand.  All that is holding the batteries in place is a flimsy piece of plastic which relies on the support of the silver battery connector attached to the battery door to keep the piece of plastic from breaking… Well... that design flaw reared its ugly head and the battery door on my G30 cracked in half yesterday and fell off right in the middle of a gig.  

I understand there are many ways to jury rig the battery door to keep the batteries from popping out onto the ground and trying to keep the battery door from falling off and breaking into two pieces.  The issue I have as a consumer with the G 30 Line 6 product was the unit was advertised and specified to work properly if used as per Line 6 directions/specifications.  I am quite certain that Line 6 did not market there G 30 unit by stating in their marketing literature that the battery door could crack, break, fall off if used as directed and the user should jury rig the battery door to stay closed by using any method they choose to use (i.e. – Velcro, rubber bands, etc…).  I bought the product having confidence in the Line 6 product lines, even though I still have their XDS wireless unit that has known drop out problems and does not work, as acknowledged by a Line 6 technician in these very Line 6 forums.

Since this is a common problem among many users of the Line 6 G 30 wireless unit I am confident that Line 6, being a company that stands behind their products, will repair any broken battery doors that their customers have purchased.  However, unless the root cause of the flaw in the battery door is not addressed with some type of beefed up battery door the same problem could rear its ugly head again after the door is fixed.

Well everyone, thanks for sharing with this forum that you also have the same defect in your G 30 as we do.

I will be contacting Line 6 about repairing my not so old G 30 and at that time will find out first hand if Line 6 stands behind their products, which I hope they do because I like to use their products. 

#7 LastOriginal

LastOriginal

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

Have the same problem with my not so old G30....

Trying to report it to line 6 proves difficult though

#8 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15527 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

have you tried calling or opening a support ticket?

http://line6.com/company/contact/

Have the same problem with my not so old G30....

Trying to report it to line 6 proves difficult though

#9 stumblinman

stumblinman

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

This very well may be the reason for the $100 price drop recently. The G50 with a metal enclosure doesn't have this issue and the price point didn't change. Or maybe it's just a coincidence.

Well, it is obvious that there is a defect in the design of the Relay G30 battery door. The battery door on my recently purchased G 30 started to crack almost right out of the box, only after a few uses and I made sure I was being very careful with the way I installed the batteries and stored the unit away so it would not get damaged. It is obvious, at least to me anyways, that the designed push back pressure from the springs at the bottom of the battery slots which push the batteries against the battery door, to ensure that there is a snug contact on both the positive and negative contacts for both batteries, is simply too great for the flimsy battery door to withstand. All that is holding the batteries in place is a flimsy piece of plastic which relies on the support of the silver battery connector attached to the battery door to keep the piece of plastic from breaking… Well... that design flaw reared its ugly head and the battery door on my G30 cracked in half yesterday and fell off right in the middle of a gig.

I understand there are many ways to jury rig the battery door to keep the batteries from popping out onto the ground and trying to keep the battery door from falling off and breaking into two pieces. The issue I have as a consumer with the G 30 Line 6 product was the unit was advertised and specified to work properly if used as per Line 6 directions/specifications. I am quite certain that Line 6 did not market there G 30 unit by stating in their marketing literature that the battery door could crack, break, fall off if used as directed and the user should jury rig the battery door to stay closed by using any method they choose to use (i.e. – Velcro, rubber bands, etc…). I bought the product having confidence in the Line 6 product lines, even though I still have their XDS wireless unit that has known drop out problems and does not work, as acknowledged by a Line 6 technician in these very Line 6 forums.

Since this is a common problem among many users of the Line 6 G 30 wireless unit I am confident that Line 6, being a company that stands behind their products, will repair any broken battery doors that their customers have purchased. However, unless the root cause of the flaw in the battery door is not addressed with some type of beefed up battery door the same problem could rear its ugly head again after the door is fixed.

Well everyone, thanks for sharing with this forum that you also have the same defect in your G 30 as we do.

I will be contacting Line 6 about repairing my not so old G 30 and at that time will find out first hand if Line 6 stands behind their products, which I hope they do because I like to use their products.

#10 derums

derums

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:36 AM

I had the same thing happen. If you call support they'll tell you you can order the part to replace it..15 dollars shipped from Full Compass. I am trying to think of ways to have the part made into metal. Any ideas? Ours broke in the middle of a gig because I was using slightly larger Eneloop rechargable batteries. Its poor design, but perhaps we can improve upon it as a community...

info for those of you needing the Chassis replacement:

part: 97-000-0023  CASE ASSY W/BATT COVER TBP06
Full compass number:  608-831-7330 
price: 12.00

#11 guitareddy77

guitareddy77

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

Same thing,

My door on the G30 is broken and I have had to resort to tape at my last gig as I run the p.a. and use the wireless to spot check

the levels in smaller venues.

I also see the smallest stress type of crack on the chassis near the door.

The wireless itself works fine and I love that I can keep the receiver on my pedal board.

I am a line 6 junky but can't believe they have overlooked this.

It seems to happen often as I have googled and read up.

Please help a faithful customer out line 6.

Eddy

#12 jcaison5

jcaison5

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

i have a g30 system as well and just a couple days ago my battery latch broke completely in half. now i have to velcro whats left of the door to keep the metal against the batteries. its such a shame how these are made because the unit itself is great but the battery door is awful. i made a support ticket but i dont know if they will help me fix it. this sucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users