Photo

Pod Hd500 Latency Problem

hd500 pod latency

Best Answer silverhead , 20 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

Disconnect your Logitech speakers from your computer and connect them to the Pod HD audio outputs (e.g. headphones).

You should set up two distinct signal paths:

POD -> usb -> computer; and

POD audio output -> Logitech speakers

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jpicks88

jpicks88

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

So I just bought the HD500 today and just starting to get the hang of it all. I have no fancy monitor(pa) to put it through to get that beautiful sound. Right now, I just have the USB output plugged to my computer and playing from the Pod Edit and I've been noticing quite a lot of latency. My fast riffs are quite delayed and it is quite annoying. Is the USB one of the worst ways I can output to get the `full` sound of the POD, and how can I fix the latency problem?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Justin

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4993 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:51 AM

You need to connect your monitoring solution directly to the HD.

What OS are you using?

#3 bjnette

bjnette

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

If you are using h'phones or computer speakers you'll need to get into your soundcard and adjust the latency. And doing it within EDIT will have latency.

It is better using a recording software like http://www.cockos.co...er/download.php it has a free 30day trial and only costs $50 for non commercial licence and it is up there with the best of them. In preferences select the usb and asio driver and lower the buffer to 256 if not already by default. Select your computers soundcard as the output device.

#4 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4993 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

HD Edit does not process any sound.

Trying to run the HD's sound through the computer's onboard soundcard is not the correct/optimal use of the HD.

When using sending the sound via USB, the HD becomes your soundcard.

#5 jpicks88

jpicks88

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:34 AM

HD Edit does not process any sound.

Trying to run the HD's sound through the computer's onboard soundcard is not the correct/optimal use of the HD.

When using sending the sound via USB, the HD becomes your soundcard.

Sorry to clarify things: My Pod is in the computer through USB. My computer see`s it as a digital audio surface. I have small Logitech dual speakers and I accepted to put the Pod Hd through those speakers.

That`s all I`ve done. Just PODusbcomputerspeakers. I know that the Edit has nothing to do with it since I can still hear my guitar play when its closed. BTW im running Windows 7.  ­­­­

#6 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11377 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:57 AM   Best Answer

Disconnect your Logitech speakers from your computer and connect them to the Pod HD audio outputs (e.g. headphones).

You should set up two distinct signal paths:

POD -> usb -> computer; and

POD audio output -> Logitech speakers

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#7 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2761 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

Another way is to run the analog outputs of the HD into the line/aux input of your computer and make sure that your computer's sound card is primary.  I have been using this setup for years without issue or latency.

#8 richi86

richi86

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:50 AM

i have a problem with my POD HD500,,, when i'm edting sound with my computer suddently my program POD HD500 hang n the program isn't open ...how to fixed that problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users