Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume Control Please Help

Hey y'all, Im using my XT live into my amp with the effects loop and I am very pleased with the sound. The problem I have is that the volume is controlled through the channel volume on the floor unit its self and not the amp volume, so when ever I change tone it changes to the volume on the preset for the tone (usually ridiculously loud). I there a way to use the amp volume to control it? or just a way to make the channel volume on the floor unit universal for all tones?  please help... I almost have the perfect affect unit, but this is driving me insane.

ty

Hey There,

Yeah you have to go through each patch and set the volume so they are normalized. I would leave the master vol on the XTL at 50% to start. Once you go through each patch and adjust the volumes to have the same perceived volume then you can adjust the master vol for the max you need to use when the expression pedal is toe down. Clean to Dirty is usually where the vol jumps happen as cranking everything to 11 works for distortion whereas the clean patches always seem low vol.

You can use a Tube Screamer with no drive to boost the clean patches if you need a bit more oomph too.

Running into the FX loop is always going to be flat out max for the power amp section but the XTL will handle the vol levels.

Hope that points you in the right direction.

-B

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

I have had my Pod XT Live a while now. I find much to love. But I too am having problems equalizing the volume level of the presets. A post above suggests going through and normalizing them all. I would love to do that, but do not know how to go about it. Can someone tell me how to adjust the volume level of a preset?  Thanks in advance for the help, folks!

Hey Nj - Pianoguy put this method out there for the HD but I see no reason that it cannot be used with the XT. Use the same mp3 track going in as the normalized volume standard. That is connect a mp3 player and using 1 track only, at a set volume, adjust each patch to good mixed volume level.