Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Support Still Going or Done?

mattbarden

I was referring to PODHD500X and anything else in it's price range.  One of the earlier posts compared it to GRig and a discontinued controller.  But going off on a tangent is fun too.

Hey, I was only comparing to my choices at the time...Grig/controller package was it for me...but the main point is, it was giving me a reference to other possibilities. I just found the whole concept was complete...there was little I could gripe about and so many nice little details managed well, except for the fact that it was fragmented compared to the single board solution of the HD. Anyway, back to topic (;-), DSP aside, there is only so far you can go before all colours turn brown. ie the most proficient painter will steer clear of trying to whack as much 'colour style' on his/her pallet as it does eventually all become brown (Im a painter...not proficient though). Keeping it controlled (and not spending months on a patch that no listener can tell the diff anyway) becomes more about music  A fixed pallet gives you more music creative power rather than the therapeutic patch creation therapy itself...and its not what you add, its what you take away. The notes, phrasing and connection is like the 'luma' or the black and white of the music...if thats not piercing then no amount of polishing will make it better. The hd500 would seem spent because there is no monetary reason for L6 to even think about it when their mind is probably on the next 3 models ahead. Like I said, the modularity in a board with the HD components would be amazing instead of so many half baked solutions. Where are the strain reliefs??? Seriously, no one else ever have people kick cables out on stage?

Which brings me back to...hack the HD yourself (within reason)...add some plugs...put your own strain reliefs on them. If it looks like frankenstein...its actually the designers fault :-) Im hacking a usb port in under the pedal end to house the fishman receiver etc and jumper the audio out so there is only 1 external connector (with strain relief, hehe)

Peace

Mark