Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Pedalboard Choices?

Rocco_Crocco

I'm toying with the idea of getting a pedalboard. I want to get something that I can set up semi-permanently and be portble, so I don't have to set it up every time I transport it.

I want room for the Helix, a Digitech Drop pedal (roughly the size of a Tubescreamer), and my G30 wireless transmitter (about 4"X 3"), and an expression pedal.

I know it would be rather large, and may be impractical (though I am not sure.... I never owned a pedalboard).

Any great choices out there?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDyV4mMNzKe/

Road Cases USA 32x16 case.  It was a great deal.  I kind of wish I got the luggage casters to make it easier to transport  With everything in it the weight is about 50lbs.  I added rubber feat on the bottom and took out the carpet.  Using 3M Dual Lock to hold down everything.

I'm using the same GigSkinz keyboard bag that I used for my old G-System board (It's about 14"x32").  I just cut a new piece of plywood to the correct dimensions, which happens to be the perfect size for the Helix and two Mission pedals.  I drilled holes for the feet of the Helix and pedals to drop into, which allows them to sit flat on the board, secured by Velcro.  Pull them off the board and the feet function as normal (I put the fuzzy Velcro on the Helix and pedals so it wouldn't stick to carpet and such).

I'm using a Pedal Pad custom case. Attached the Helix with longer screws through the rubber feet. A little on the heavy side but the Helix is the biggest culprit...

I have an old Pedal Pad XL lite I thought about using so I can add some external pedals to Helix. Did you drill holes through the metal pads to mount Helix? Can you post a pic?

I have an old Pedal Pad XL lite I thought about using so I can add some external pedals to Helix. Did you drill holes through the metal pads to mount Helix? Can you post a pic?

The base was lowered to fit the height of the Helix and then holes drilled through the base. It's actually plywood. I will post pictures later. I'm on my iPhone and haven't figured out how to post pics sorry...

post-2391116-0-06807400-1466968303_thumb.jpeg

The base was lowered to fit the height of the Helix and then holes drilled through the base. It's actually plywood. I will post pictures later. I'm on my iPhone and haven't figured out how to post pics sorry...

Oh no that's great! Thanks for the pic.

MPS has switched to steel pads instead of aluminum. I've ordered parts from them before, so I may order a set of cheaper steel ones to drill out.

I'll post a pic of the dry-fit Helix, mission EXP pedal, and Markbass Synth, Boss RC-2 looper, and a couple of others.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDyV4mMNzKe/

Road Cases USA 32x16 case.  It was a great deal.  I kind of wish I got the luggage casters to make it easier to transport  With everything in it the weight is about 50lbs.  I added rubber feat on the bottom and took out the carpet.  Using 3M Dual Lock to hold down everything.

Ha that's the same gear I inquired about in the OP.

I think I am gonna have a go at this over the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yix2qMr4Yzw&feature=youtu.be

You can fit those other pedals in the Helix gig bag and just set them up when you have a gig. Since you said "Semi-perminent", I figure you don't mind a little setting up. Thats what I do for gigs. I'd rather have everything in a pack on my back for easy load in rather than a huge board that requires a cart. Just my opinion.