Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

All-in-one Music Creation Station

jmananquil

Hey guys,

I was just curious if anything like this has been brought up.  I think it's a good time to do so. 

I'm a multi-instrumentalist and hate software daws.  No menu diving, no mouse and keyboard.

I'm having so much trouble getting motivated to connect all these various devices just to get a clear song idea out.  I know there's ipads, and computer DAWs, and modelling amplifiers, and drum machines, and mpc pads/sequencers, and keyboard synthesizers...all the cables and connections, what a waste of time, especially for somebody who doesn't have a lot of room and needs to break down their rig after use.

Why not integrate all the most used features of all these devices and make an all in one music creation workstation?

I'm thinking of something like the Korg Kronos, mixed in with a POD, mixed with a Boss JS-10, mixed in with a Pioneer Toraiz SP-16 more or less... 

It should have:

- 2.1 stereo speakers with headphone

- 49 key Fatar synthesizer keyboard/sampler with modulation/envelope filters/oscillators

- guitar/bass modeller with fx

- MPC style drum pads for quick drum beats with 16 backlit pads and built-in sound library

- an actual sequencer with 16 backlit buttons

- a color touchscreen for various menu options

- multi-track recorder with built-in mixer and looper functions

- 1 TB flash drive for storing samples/recordings

- live playback performance tools like built in bandpass filters

- mic for capturing live audio on the fly

- all the usual in/outs for audio/midi

- MSRP $2000 or so?

There's a ton of stuff that can be finalized but you get the overall picture I'm trying to paint here.  I haven't found any product like this on the market right now, and I think it's time to make something tangible that has everything you need right in front of you ready to help you make something without hooking up to a separate computer with all this plug in gear.

What do you think?

• 1 month later...