6 replies to this topic

#1 stevewburke

stevewburke

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

I can't start Variax Workbench. Monkey works and can see my PODxt by USB connection and Workbench sees the device too as "Line 6 PODxt Live" but right below it it says "No device detected" even though it clearly sees the device.

I updated the firmware and flash memory through Monkey and also tried reinstalling the drivers, but no luck. I also tried a different USB cable and also tried plugging different USB ports.

I have Windows 7 64x and assumed it was a 64 bit issue, but I found other people on the forums with 64x Windows 7 who had no trouble getting it working.

#2 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2764 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

Make sure you have something plugged into the Variax 1/4" jack.  The guitar will not power up without being plugged in.

#3 stevewburke

stevewburke

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

Variax 1/4" jack on a PODxt Live pedal board? The 1/4" jack was plugged in with a regular guitar, but the only Variax connection is the ethernet.

Also, I've used this thing in the past through USB without needing a guitar (Variax or otherwise) connected to it.

#4 stevewburke

stevewburke

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Anyone?

#5 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15392 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

which variax? if you updated a JTV to 2.0 you need to use variax workbench HD and a variax workbench interface.

if it's one of the earlier variaxes you might make sure that java is installed...

#6 stevewburke

stevewburke

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

I'm just trying to get the PODtx pedal board to work in Workbench like it used to - without the Variax guitar attached. I don't get why it would recognize it then say it can't be recognized.

The Line 6 drivers installed Java.

#7 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15392 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

workbench cannot be opened without a variax attached.... perhaps i still don't follow you...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users