Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Finally got my Helix, and a question.

Lachdanan0121

I have the rack, and controller, and I am still putting it through the courses. I haven't played any guitar through it yet, I am still getting it integrated with my studio. Its looking good so far.

But I seem to be running into a brick wall on something.

I am wanting to control (automate) from within my DAW (FL Studio) on my pc, some parameters insind the Helix. 

Specifically I am wanting to control things like Wah position, and amp gain with automation clips from on my PC.

I am not able to find which midi CC this would be on in the manual. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for asking this question, I just learned something new.

You could use one of the expression controllers, which would be CC1, 2, or 3.

If you don't want to use one of those:

1. Select the block that has the parameter you want to control.

2. Hold the encoder under the parameter in question.

3. Turn the second encoder until it says MIDI CC.

4. Turn the next encoder until it says the CC# you wish it to be, which is arbitrary.

5. Change the min and max.

That should be it. Don't know about FL Studio specifically on how to send the midi to Helix, I use Reaper.

• Upvote 1

Oh great thanks for this.  :)  And you are most certainly welcome.  Automations are one of the more under utilized features when using DAWs imo.

I know how to send it from FL Studio, but was running into issues on the Helix itself.

I will try this once I get home from work tonight and report the findings.

You actually don't even need to know the CC# to assign it to control a parameter. If you use the "learn controller" function, the Helix will automatically pair the CC you send with that parameter. For example, if you had a control surface and wanted to have a certain knob control a parameter in an effect, all you would have to do is hold down the knob for the parameter you want to control in the Helix, hit "learn controller", and then turn the knob on your control surface, and it's set.

• Upvote 1

Fantastic, great! Works like a charm I appreciate it guys. This was one of the reasons why I chose Helix. :)

However a tree limb took down our internet. So I cant actually clicked on the thanks, or green button as the phone wont let me for some reason, and I'm typing this on my phone right now but... I appreciate it I really do.