Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just received my G10. No issue charging and sounds great with my Telecaster but will not work with my 2 ESP LTD TL6 and TL12 acoustic electrics. The transmitter shows a solid green light when inserted in the LTDs but does not produce any sound through my amp. As soon as I switch back to my Tele it works and sounds great....so far......

Since those are both active pickup guitars, the battery ground and audio ground might need to be swapped on the output jack.  That was the case with my Ibanez 7-string.  One way to check it is to try it with a simple mono-to-mono adapter.  I picked one up at GC for around $4.

If you don't mind the extra length, the adapter could be your solution as well.

• Upvote 1

GearHead, Thanks for the info.... I'll try and pick up an adapter. Went to my GC yesterday but they didn't have one. I suggest that Line 6 include a 1/4" adapter in the sell unit....clearly it's not as rare an issue as they describe on the FAQ page. Thanks again!

GearHead, Thanks for the info.... I'll try and pick up an adapter. Went to my GC yesterday but they didn't have one. I suggest that Line 6 include a 1/4" adapter in the sell unit....clearly it's not as rare an issue as they describe on the FAQ page. Thanks again!

You're welcome.  I do think it's a rare issue though as the G10 worked on both of my bass guitars and 16 of my 17 guitars that have output jacks.  It even worked fine on my ESP LTD MH-401NT, which also has active EMG pickups like the Ibanez 7-string that it didn't work on.

I don't see a G10 "suggestion box" topic, so I'll start one here in this general area:

For V2 of the G10 (the G11?): 

- 9V power to be more compatible with guitarists pedal boards

- include a right angle connector, especially for guitars like a G335 with front mounted jacks.

- include a method to override the automatic channel selection so the G10 transmitter can be more easily integrated with a band using several Relay wireless products.

- include the variable cable length option

• 3 weeks later...

I am having some problems with no sound coming out of my acoustic guitars that have active pickups. No problem with my electric guitar.

Acoustic Guitar-1: Breedlove A20 with L.R. Baggs Anthem Tru-Mic Acoustic Microphone AND Piezo Pickup System. Acoustic Guitar-2: Taylor GS-Mini with L.R. Baggs M80 magnetic soundhole pickup. Guitar-1:  has a good battery. The G-10 is fully charged and showing a Green light. No sound from the connected G-10. I have tried the phase switch on the pickup. I have tried a ¼†TS, and ¼†TRS cable between the guitar and the G-10. Both ¼†cables work when directly connected to the guitar but neither work (nor an XLR/TRS cable) when connected to the G-10. Guitar-2: has a good battery. The G-10 is fully charged and showing a Green light. Everything works fine; I have no problems with any of the cables I used on Guitar-1.

WHY does the G-10 work with one pickup system and not the other?

• 3 weeks later...

I am having some problems with no sound coming out of my acoustic guitars that have active pickups. No problem with my electric guitar.

Acoustic Guitar-1: Breedlove A20 with L.R. Baggs Anthem Tru-Mic Acoustic Microphone AND Piezo Pickup System. Acoustic Guitar-2: Taylor GS-Mini with L.R. Baggs M80 magnetic soundhole pickup. Guitar-1:  has a good battery. The G-10 is fully charged and showing a Green light. No sound from the connected G-10. I have tried the phase switch on the pickup. I have tried a ¼” TS, and ¼” TRS cable between the guitar and the G-10. Both ¼” cables work when directly connected to the guitar but neither work (nor an XLR/TRS cable) when connected to the G-10. Guitar-2: has a good battery. The G-10 is fully charged and showing a Green light. Everything works fine; I have no problems with any of the cables I used on Guitar-1.

WHY does the G-10 work with one pickup system and not the other?

I know you tried a cable, but have you tried the adapter shown here: http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/live-sound/relay-digital-wireless/relay-g10-guitar-compatibility-fitelectronics-r817?If so, what was the result?

UPDATE: Mono to Mono 1/4" adapter worked! Noticed the sound quality is a bit less "full" when using the wireless vs. direct cable connection, but it can be tweaked with EQ to improve it.

I sure wish the G10 worked (out of the box) with all my guitars, but at least now have a fix that will resolve the basic problem.

Someone previously suggested you include an M-M adapter. I think that would be a good idea as I had to spend $7 more to make the G10 work for me.

UPDATE: Mono to Mono 1/4" adapter worked! Noticed the sound quality is a bit less "full" when using the wireless vs. direct cable connection, but it can be tweaked with EQ to improve it.

I sure wish the G10 worked (out of the box) with all my guitars, but at least now have a fix that will resolve the basic problem.

Someone previously suggested you include an M-M adapter. I think that would be a good idea as I had to spend $7 more to make the G10 work for me.

Glad you got it going.

I don't think it would be wise for Line 6 to include the adapter, therefore raising the price of the G10, since most guitars don't have any problems working without it.  I've now tried mine on 22 different guitars and only encountered an issue with 1 of them.  5 minutes working on the guitar's output jack with a solder gun fixed the problem.