Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M9 Ignoring Midi Overdub CC Message

Emmett_P

Hi, I am with a company designing a custom midi controller that we wanted to have work with the M9. We are using Arduino to implement the controller. I have the looper doing play/stop and record via midi, all of which work great.

When I tried to implement overdubbing, the M9 does not respond. I am sending a midi control change message with controller number 50 and a value of 0 on channel 1. I have tested this by sending the midi message to Abelton, which recieves it correctly and verifies this is what is being sent. I have also tried implementing it via Arduino's midi library and via their serial.write sending the message manually. I checked the midi input in setup as well, and have tried it both as channel 1 and omni. 

Another weird thing is that when the M9 is in record mode and receives this message it goes into playing while overdubbing, but once the M9 is playing the message does nothing. 

Really unsure what is wrong here unless our M9 is just defective, I have exhausted every other factor of error I can think of. 

I am going off the midi controls listed in the manual here: http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593fca717b/application/pdf/M9%20Advanced%20Guide%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

We are on a deadline to have this working so any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

I am sorry for double posting this. The other post I made was not showing up under posts from my account when I checked on it and I thought it had been deleted. Please feel free to delete this duplicate since I am given no option to do so.