Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Takes quite a while to start up.

levisanford

Hi guys,

I seem to have noticed something a bit odd. 

The updater says that the Helix should only rebuild patches after an update and the first time you turn it back on.

My helix now rebuilds patches for a bit longer than It did before the 2.0 update. 

Am I not powering it off correctly? OR Should it take longer to rebuild patches now and is that a normal function? 

Also on a semi-unrelated note but still curious...

Can i revert back to the original tuner display without the enhanced view?

Thanks everyone!

Can i revert back to the original tuner display without the enhanced view?

there is no going back to the old tuner display. just ignore the new -3,+3 bar and the tuner operates the same as before.

?..

..... OR Should it take longer to rebuild patches now and is that a normal function?

Yes, it will take longer to rebuild presets in general because every preset is now more complex. The addition of snapshots means that every old preset must be processed to add snapshots. This essentially involves making room for 8 copies of the preset with the associated space and structure for 64 different parameter settings in each snapshot. Don't know exactly how this is implemented but it makes sense to me that it would take some additional processing time on the first rebuild of each old preset.