Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2.00 Expression Pedal and Volume bug

wildboy280

Hi all,

I successfully updated my Helix to the new 2.00.0 firmware. All the presets were correctly restored, however the expression pedal (both exp1 and exp2) stopped working in all the presets.

The only way to make them work is reassigning exp1 and exp2 to the correct parameters by using the "learn controller" option and saving again. After doing that, the exp pedal works properly... until I change preset, which causes the preset to lose the exp pedal settings.

Exp2 is assigned to the volume position and is always on (global option), exp1 is assigned to the wah and I turn it on and off when I need it (preset option).

I also deleted the volume block, but the whole unit freezes as soon as I select that block from the list again. At that point reboot is the only option.

Exp pedal has been working perfectly with all the old firmware versions.

Is there anything I can do to make it work properly?

Hi all,

I successfully updated my Helix to the new 2.00.0 firmware. All the presets were correctly restored, however the expression pedal (both exp1 and exp2) stopped working in all the presets......

After updating did you restart Helix while holding down knobs 9&10 (5&6 on the Rack model) to rebuild (not just restore) all presets?

Yes I did, all the presets were rebuilt.

Btw I just reinstalled the 2.00.0 firmware through Line6 Updater, then I reloaded the complete bundle through the Helix Editor.

Now the exp pedal seem to work properly in all the presets. Maybe something went wrong during the first update.

Thanks for the reply Silverhead ;-) 

• 8 months later...

Yes I did, all the presets were rebuilt.

Btw I just reinstalled the 2.00.0 firmware through Line6 Updater, then I reloaded the complete bundle through the Helix Editor.

Now the exp pedal seem to work properly in all the presets. Maybe something went wrong during the first update.

Thanks for the reply Silverhead ;-) 

Hey! so I just started having the same problem, but I'm on firmware 2.1... you said you reloaded the complete bundle through the Helix Editor, can you tell me how you did that?

I'm running windows.

Thanks!

Hey! so I just started having the same problem, but I'm on firmware 2.1... you said you reloaded the complete bundle through the Helix Editor, can you tell me how you did that?

I'm running windows.

Thanks!

This was an old thread. The bug still exists in the most current firmware 2.12. To get around this, assign all of your volume blocks to EXP2, and not EXP1 then you will be fine. The default for volume is EXP1 and default for wah is EXP1