#21 Melissiah

Melissiah

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

I just updated to 2.0 and think all models except Spank sound better than 1.9.

There is a big difference in the output of Spank vs all the other models and the tone lacks the personality of my stock US 10 year old Strat with rosewood neck. I think the 1.9 was actually closer to the real thing, especially the neck pickup. And I didn't have to turn my amp of 2-3 notches to get the same volume as the Lester model (or my actual Strat). Maybe the firmware update didn't take properly? Is everyone else's Spank 2.0 this quiet? I updated twice and the Spank is still ALOT quieter than everything except the Tele's

I changed 2 of the Tunings after the first update and they did not get overwritten after the second update. So does the update only effect the Models?

And the volume of the modeled Strat is 3/4 the volume of my actual Strat. Maybe thats the difference between a 50's Strat and a newer one?

Sorry for so many questions in my first post...

Still not sure if I want to go back to 1.9. I probably used the Spank position 5 more than any other model. But it's just not as fun now. :(
I hate spending a lot of time tinkering, but I guess that's the only solution to getting the best of both worlds. The Lester sounds pretty close to my 15 year old LP.

Maybe Line 6 is working on another Strat model for those of us that feel like the 2.0 Strat has let us down....

I want to stay with 2.0 for now but I did 2 things to patch the spank. I used the presets of a guy who made a weird patch to fix the bug in position 2 that only use one pickup sometimes. And 2nd I raised all 5 positions by 5db in workbench hd. Still softer than LP but it's more what it should be. It was way to quiet compare to other guitars. A strat should have the same output than a tele and in 2.0 it's not the case.

Are you using a JTV89? Most of the complains I saw was 89 users...

My Dream Rig Studio:

http://line6.com/sup...your-dream-rig/

My dream rig presets for now 1.9

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Melissiah.zip

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Shine%20on.zip

#22 oehman

oehman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

It is a JTV-59 Korea.
Do you recall which preset you downloaded?

I made a couple of short videos to show how the Spank 2.0 lacks the output of 1.9 and all of the other 2.0 models, but I can't get them uploaded to YouTube.

If I figure it out, I will post the links here.

Thanks

#23 favance

favance

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:54 PM

So, I too was having problems w/the sound of the Strat using HD 2.0.  After working on this issue for quite some time w/the HD Editor, I could not get position 2 of the strat to stick (in other words, I could get it to sound decent, but when I unplugged from Workbench, no dice).  So, on a hunch, I moved the Neck Pickup on the strat directly over the top of the bridge pickup, set the position and slant the same...also set it to the Strat Bridge pickup.  Finally, I unselected the original bridge pickup and enabled the neck pickup (now in the bridge position).  Low and behold, it now sticks and sounds like my 2007 Strat Deluxe on position #2.  Also, I boosted the middle pickup and lowed the volume of the lower four strings to around 50%...also raised the volume level to 5.0.  Hope this helps others!

#24 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

too bad there isn't a way to share custom guitars just like POD patches...  or is there?

l6+sig+pic-1.png   

#25 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14796 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

yes, a user provided forum dedicated to this, pinned to the top of the JTV/Variax forums.

too bad there isn't a way to share custom guitars just like POD patches...  or is there?

#26 clay-man

clay-man

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

Please don't say to "copy and paste strat 1.9 to 2.0" That's an incredibly bad and impossible idea. I'm sure there's some core system to the HD modeling and that the 1.9 strat couldn't be entered as a standalone extra without using even more of the flash RAM for the firmware. It would also be inconsistent which would be annoying.

Ask them to fix the HD Workbench editor so you guys can finally tweak the stat to your liking without it screwing up. THIS is what needs to be fixed.

Disregarding that, workbench is the best way to fix any tonal issues you have with the patches. Example: On my 600, I was unimpressed with how the tele wasn't as bright as I wanted it to be, so I backed up the pickups a bit towards the bridge and bam, sounds amazing. Sounds a lot more twangy and distinct from the strat models now.

For a minute there, I lost myself.

Radiohead_bear-728286%5B1%5D.png 

#27 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:14 AM

yes, a user provided forum dedicated to this, pinned to the top of the JTV/Variax forums.

Hellyeah! cool brother... thanks for the heads up...

l6+sig+pic-1.png   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users