Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

*NEW USER ALERT* Noob questions

vettahead

Well, judging by my name can you guess what i came from?   :D   So far this thing sounds fuggin amazing (although daunting even though i came from the vetta)   I just wanted to ask one question.  should i enable or disable the global eq thing?  sounds i bit toppy in my senheisers you see!   Oh and can you recommend some of the better tones to get used to the system from the downloads bit  (snapshots esp as thats totally alien!)?  i find it easer to deconstruct stuff to understand how they work.

Thanks all

Vetta

The global EQ is entirely optional. I would say experiment with it. If you like it, keep it on. If not, turn it off. At worst you will gain some insight into how it works.

As for tones, I suggest you browse through the TEMPLATES setlist and start reverse-engineering those examples of preset types.

• Upvote 1

Hi, I sometimes use my Vetta2 return for a stereo poweramp/cab, pretty decent.

As a starting point folks seem to like eq with a low cut 60Hz and hi cut of 6kHz. Most would recommend these cuts applied in the cab block or an eq block and reserve global eq to adjust all presets for different monitoring situations.

• Upvote 1

Hi, I sometimes use my Vetta2 return for a stereo poweramp/cab, pretty decent.

As a starting point folks seem to like eq with a low cut 60Hz and hi cut of 6kHz. Most would recommend these cuts applied in the cab block or an eq block and reserve global eq to adjust all presets for different monitoring situations.

I second this recommendation.  I have found that using a low cut/high cut on the cab block(s) works very well.  How your patches are constructed and your choice of guitar will determine the amount of low cut/high cut that's necessary.  I use the global EQ as a means to tweak for live settings, based on the dynamics of the room.

• Upvote 1