Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Jtv69- Love It, Not A Fan Of Floating Bridges....

If I pulled the springs hard enough (or added springs) to make the bridge flush with the body, would that extra angle on the bridge affect the Piezo's and all the modelled guitars??  Or should I put a thin piece of wood/metal in-between the bridge and body to keep the bridge flat relative to strings?  Thanks guys!

If you pull the bridge flush to the guitar body, it will likely require a height adjustment of the bridge and saddles, thus negating an angle issue. If you like the string height where it is, I suggest looking into a Tremo-No type device to lock it in position, or as you mention place something under the bridge, but that could look unsightly and fall out.

If I pulled the springs hard enough (or added springs) to make the bridge flush with the body, would that extra angle on the bridge affect the Piezo's and all the modelled guitars??  Or should I put a thin piece of wood/metal in-between the bridge and body to keep the bridge flat relative to strings?  Thanks guys!

Take a look at the SuperVee MagLok.  Gives you the best of both worlds.  I'm not a big fan of Fender-style floating bridges either, but this gadget solved all the tuning stability problems and prevents adjacent strings from diving when you bend.

Back when I was playing my strat I actually Blocked the trem with wood in the cavity.  I blocked both sides of the trem block but if you intend on using the trem just block the side that rests closest to the body.. I think its about a quarter inch thick.. I like it better this way cause the bridge is level and you get better tone and vibrations..  Good luck though