Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help!! My NEW pod hd500x adds harmonics to the outputs

eitankosman

Hi there

Just bought a brand new Pod this week. Was playing normally until yesterday's night, when suddenly I noticed strange harmonics and delay coming from it's outputs.

I recorded it and attached here.

The first notes you hear were recorded via phones output connected directly to my computer's line in. The second were recorded via usb, using the POD as a sound card.

Also, I experience problems connecting with the Edit software since yesterday. Whenever I open it, it says the sync failed and I shall restart the unit & software. Then I follow the instructions and nothing helps. But, if I don't close the program and press "RECIEVE", it syncs normally.

Thanks in advance. I really like the unit but this failure kinda makes me feel bad about it. Wish We could solve the problem before I return it.

Untitled 1.mp3

It's kinda hard to pick out much of anything with an example that short...the only thing I can hear is that the first chord you hit seemed to be clipping a bit, and does almost sound like there's a slap-back delay, but again it's one chord ringing for a second, if even that...hard to tell.

The second one is certainly at a lower volume, and you can hear the noise gate closing...but I'm not hearing a delay there. Doesn't seem to be anything grossly abnormal on the second example.

Phones output is probably not the best choice for direct recording...

Are you monitoring the track in your DAW?  You shouldn't be, and if you have the track's monitoring turned on it can cause digital delay while you're playing. 

This. It also sounds like maybe there is a sample-rate mismatch between what your DAW is expecting, and what your POD is putting out I would make sure that you have both set to the same sample-rate.