Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

how do i connect boss me-70 to pod hd500?

guitarjojo1978

What you're proposing is a string of redundancies. Daisy-chaining two modelers/multi-fx units together is a clusterf***. They're both designed to give you an amp tone, plus FX. Pumping one into the other, then running that whole mess into an amp is like trying to wear 3 pairs of shoes...it will look funny, sound funny, and you're gonna roll an ankle.

Besides, everything the Boss does, the POD does better anyway. Ditch the Boss, and learn the ins and outs of creating tones with the POD...trying to mate these two things, the kids are gonna be ugly.

Thank you for the replies...the Hd500 is ultimately replacing my Boss me-70..the reason i wanted to hook them together was only temporary so i can hear the patches i have used the most from my boss while simultaneously programming them to the hd500 without having to keep unplugging cables back and forth between pedals.was hoping to get as close to my patches as possible..

Thank you for the replies...the Hd500 is ultimately replacing my Boss me-70..the reason i wanted to hook them together was only temporary so i can hear the patches i have used the most from my boss while simultaneously programming them to the hd500 without having to keep unplugging cables back and forth between pedals.was hoping to get as close to my patches as possible..

You can't A/B them with one feeding into the other...it'll never work. Whichever one is first in the chain will have its tone significantly altered by the one that follows it. You could try messing with the 4 cable method, putting one in the other's FX loop, using one for your basic tone and the other for FX, but you're not gonna be able to completely isolate either one while they're joined at the hip. It'll end up being a whole lot of work for very little pay off.

I suppose you could do this with a pair of A/B boxes...Guitar into box #1, out to the Boss and the Pod, then out of those into box#2 and into your amp. But it's kind of a waste of time, and it'll cost you money unless you've got 2 of them lying around. It's gonna take you a while to get used to the POD anyway. Constantly comparing it to something else is gonna get old real quick. Besides, why try and replicate the Boss anyway? Your ears will tell you if you like what you're hearing...

Fair enough...ultimately from these replies im more or less wasting time and i just need stop fiddling with this idea, program the HD500 and dial in the best i can...found a few patches from line6 community and will play round with those. Thanks again for everyones advice and help