Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tap Control Of Bias Trem In Mkii....

mizzy63

My band covers Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day, trying to find a way to tap control the intro on the fly so I can stay with drummer, who cant follow the trem, so I have to follow him. I'm using a shortboard and the tap control on it connected to my Spider Valve MkII 100 HD Head, and the Bias Trem effect. Problem is it seems to only be able to tap the exact beat, in other words one tap for one trem, only quarter notes. I'm wondering if there is a way to set it so for each tap I manually hit it would send 16th notes. Because now I have to tap out each trem hit which is pretty fast and near impossible to do. If I could change to 16th notes I could just tap the quarter beats of song and the 16th notes would trem.... HELP!!! I have a POD X3 Live also and in the Bias Trem you can choose quarter, eight or 16th notes, therefore making it easy to tap the quarter beats of the song and the trem plays 16th notes. I would think in the MkII there would be same option...? 

Really!?!? Nobody  wants to take a stab at this one? 

I know that intro, and it's probably going to have to be a work around. Instead, choose a delay effect that can feedback at the same tempo and intensity of the 16th notes so you can just strum each chord once. If the drummer still can't follow it, when you get to the final two chords, just say a 4 count in a background vocal mic that is piped into his monitor. The audience will only remember how well you played the entire song, so I don't think it will distract them.