Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone have a preset like the solo on Led Zeppelin's "Fool In The Rain"?

HonestOpinion

Jimmy used an MXR  Blue Box octaver and fuzz on that one. Sounds like a synth but it is for sure the Blue Box thing and I am sure one could come up with something cool on the Helix maybe mixing fuzz with pitch shift or using the whammy as a set 8va dwn interval. 

Even after all this time I still look to Jimmy's work as a paradigm of my music education. I had the pleasure of educating my wife on the who and what of Zeppelin and she really got it and realized, yeah, these guys were on another level. She fell in love with the blues Jimmy does like I'm Gonna' Crawl. Nothing these days gets near that level I miss it so much. 

• Upvote 1

Yep, Page created guitar "symphonies" on Zeppelin tunes. :)
And his use of alternate tunings is just incredible.  It's amazing how guys like him did all that while taking huge doses of heroin, cocaine, and Jack Daniels. I drink a couple of beers and my creativity and dexterity are shot. lol

It's amazing how guys like him did all that while taking huge doses of heroin, cocaine, and Jack Daniels. I drink a couple of beers and my creativity and dexterity are shot. lol

robbieb61 --- perhaps you are stopping too soon with a couple of beers.  Chase the dragon, rip some rails, and chug some JD.  You could be the next Page!   :D

robbieb61 --- perhaps you are stopping too soon with a couple of beers.  Chase the dragon, rip some rails, and chug some JD.  You could be the next Page!   :D

Tried all of that with Acid thrown on top for good measure. All it did was get me laid from 1978 forward all over the country and a lot of fuzzy memories of my "greatness" at venues everywhere. lol

After all these years I'm starting to think that maybe massive amounts of something called "talent" may be the key ingredient that I missed!  :lol:

• Like 1

Seriously if you let your vices and stupidity get the better of you then there is no one to blame but your own human frailty.

If you wish to insult, degrade, or bash Zeppelin. Bonham, Pagey or anything of the band, get over your egoist B S as the library of work speaks for itself and you will never be even a pimple on their asses. Nobody is writing such epic masterpieces these days as apparently no one can. Now go enjoy your Moron5 as recess is almost over. 

Seriously if you let your vices and stupidity get the better of you then there is no one to blame but your own human frailty.

If you wish to insult, degrade, or bash Zeppelin. Bonham, Pagey or anything of the band, get over your egoist B S as the library of work speaks for itself and you will never be even a pimple on their asses. Nobody is writing such epic masterpieces these days as apparently no one can. Now go enjoy your Moron5 as recess is almost over. 

Nothing but Zeppelin fans here as far as I can tell. I think people were just having a little fun, no disrespect intended. You are right if a bit harsh, it is difficult to find music of this caliber, in this or any other era although there are some gems out there if you look hard enough. Zeppelin were absolute pioneers and one of my favorite bands. Page was a brilliant and innovative player and I would still love to see a preset for "Fool In The Rain" if anyone either gins one up or finds one.

There are definitely no bands like Zep anymore.

Not sure what Wicked finger thinks we are saying here, but as far as I can see there has been nothing but good things said about Page and Zeppelin in this thread (as it should be)