#41 stevekc

stevekc

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:43 AM

regardless -

not trying to throw a turd in the punchbowl, but just informing that in regards to tools for guitarists, its worth trying a Boss GP-10 and discover the lowest latency DSP Alt Tuning, and Guitar modeling in 2014   

#42 clay-man

clay-man

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

regardless -

not trying to throw a turd in the punchbowl, but just informing that in regards to tools for guitarists, its worth trying a Boss GP-10 and discover the lowest latency DSP Alt Tuning, and Guitar modeling in 2014   

It just sounds like you're kinda advertising. 

The problem with BOSS is that, despite if they released the latest product, a majority of their products sounds insanely outdated.

I've heard a demo of the GP-10. The guitar modeling isn't too bad, but it's not out of this world. The amp modeling and distortion is shameless and synthetic sounding as always (thank you Boss for being stubborn when it comes to innovating new techniques for making amp modeling sound good when there's clearly the technology there at your disposal to make it sound better)

I will admit that I really like the string bending feature, and some of the other features that you can only do on a hex pickup.

I really wish the Variax could do some of that with the POD.

Regardless, I can live without those and prefer the stellar modeling on a Variax opposed to the Roland stuff.

For a minute there, I lost myself.

Radiohead_bear-728286%5B1%5D.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users