Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 G10 lots of buzzing/humming

murphyinaz

Okay so here is my rig:

ESP LTD EC-1000  (this guitar has active pickups)

Line 6 g10 wireless

Hughes and Kettner Switchblade Amp and full sized 4 x 12 cabinet

(same thing happens on my Peavey JSX head and speaker cab)

As a wander around (even right in front of my amp) and I turn and spin the hum worsens.  I can be standing 5 feet away and it is clear as day but then I can turn away from my amp and humming gets really loud.

This only seems to happen when I am on a "high gain" setting....no issue on clean channels.

Obviously picking up some type of interference....  could this be caused by the active pickups?

I had this same issue using a cheaper wireless (Audio Technica Freeway 200) and that is why I decided to purchase this unit...

any ideas to rid myself of the hum would be appreciated.  Don't wanna play live with hum..

I have suffered hum and squeal with an older G30 unit I recently had, I was using a Fender Strat with single coils going into an AC30, also had the same problem with my Fender Jazz Bass. The only solution to the latter was to turn one of the pickups down slightly and that cured the feedback squel. As for the Strat, that turned out to be the venues wireless microphone set up that was causing the interference.

Once we switched it off the hum and feedback squel stopped.

Check if there is anything within range that isn't interfering with your unit.