Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multiple functions assigned to footswitch

jasdadgad

Ok, I just can't figure this out.  Please help.

I don't want to use snapshots on this particular preset.  I have too many effects assigned to those 10 footswitches.

I have two distortion blocks.

I want one to turn off when I turn the other on.  Sometimes I want them both off.

I never want them both on.  (I often accidentally turn them both on and it's awful).

How might I do this without snapshots?

Thanks!!

That works perfectly!

Thank you Duncann.

Incidentally, I spent about an hour searching through the forum and re-reading the manual but I couldn't find the answer.  Same with youtube.

They always say "RTFM" but, in this case, that didn't help.

Glad it works for you. If Helix suffers from a problem, it's that it allows for so much flexibility, that in itself can sometimes become a stumbling block.

The Stumbling Block is one of my favorite effects.

I have one in each of my patches and almost never bypass it.

• Upvote 1

I am going to try setting the footswitches to 8 snapshots and preset up and down as I don't want to fish through too many presets or banks when playing live. This will allow me to access stomps with the mode switch.

Try that and let us know if it solves your problem.

I am going to try setting the footswitches to 8 snapshots and preset up and down as I don't want to fish through too many presets or banks when playing live. This will allow me to access stomps with the mode switch.

Try that and let us know if it solves your problem.

One footstomp too many, but thanks.

The solution above in the attached preset is to assign a stomp switch to the A/B split, having one distortion block in path A and the other in B.  Next, I assign both distortion blocks to another stomp switch.

Very cool.

I heart Helix.