#1 sandysinger3

sandysinger3

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

Hi
I have done a little searching and reading but I havent found what i am looking for. I just bought my spider iv 75 yesterday and when i got home and turned it on, i seen it flash the, i think, firmware version, 1.04. I cant find this version listed here. I dont have a fvb yet so i cant update. I was just curious as to what i was missing. I find it strange that the firmware is so old as i just got the amp. On the back the build date is 01/09/12. Should i return in or see if they will update it in the store?

#2 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

It is worth getting an FBV (Express or Shortboard)!   1) Gives you access to update the firmware, which includes many new FX settings;; 2) Gives you ability to use 'Spider Edit', which allows you to store all your user presets on your computer as well as downloading presets from others; 3) Allows more control while playing (switching presets, volume, wah).

If the store where you purchased has an FBV available, and a computer that can be used, they can register it, download Spider Monkey, then update your amp for you.

#3 sandysinger3

sandysinger3

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

So i am new to playing, what is the difference between the 2. So, so many buttons lol.  Where is one used over the other?

#4 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:28 AM

The FBV Express MK2 is probably your best bet at this point, if you are a new player.  It will allow you to switch between the 4 patches in the current channel you have selected on the amp, as well as give you easy access to the built-in tuner and looper (and the wah/volume pedal, of  course).  The FBV Shortboard allows you to page up and down through the user channels as well as select the patches, and includes on/off switches for other functions such as boost.  This can be handy when playing live.

You may find a good deal on a used FBV is you shop around, but make sure you get the Mk II version - the original (Mk 1) does not have USB access.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users