Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware Version

Hi
I have done a little searching and reading but I havent found what i am looking for. I just bought my spider iv 75 yesterday and when i got home and turned it on, i seen it flash the, i think, firmware version, 1.04. I cant find this version listed here. I dont have a fvb yet so i cant update. I was just curious as to what i was missing. I find it strange that the firmware is so old as i just got the amp. On the back the build date is 01/09/12. Should i return in or see if they will update it in the store?

It is worth getting an FBV (Express or Shortboard)!   1) Gives you access to update the firmware, which includes many new FX settings;; 2) Gives you ability to use 'Spider Edit', which allows you to store all your user presets on your computer as well as downloading presets from others; 3) Allows more control while playing (switching presets, volume, wah).

If the store where you purchased has an FBV available, and a computer that can be used, they can register it, download Spider Monkey, then update your amp for you.

The FBV Express MK2 is probably your best bet at this point, if you are a new player.  It will allow you to switch between the 4 patches in the current channel you have selected on the amp, as well as give you easy access to the built-in tuner and looper (and the wah/volume pedal, of  course).  The FBV Shortboard allows you to page up and down through the user channels as well as select the patches, and includes on/off switches for other functions such as boost.  This can be handy when playing live.

You may find a good deal on a used FBV is you shop around, but make sure you get the Mk II version - the original (Mk 1) does not have USB access.