Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Configuring different patches for recording

I am recording with the podhd500x, using Studio One, trying to do some metal/rock stuff.

My question is this: Do you need to make two separate patches for lead and rhythm guitar (how would that be accomplished in the pod)? or is that something that I do inside the DAW, and if so, how would I accomplish that using EQ? I can't get the rhythm to sound more full.

Your question is not clear - are you recording the Pod sounds, or are you recording a dry guitar signal, than re-amping the sound through the Pod?

If it's the former, then adjust the sound to what you want for that guitar part, record the track, then go back adjust the sound for the next track, and record!

A 'fuller' rhythm guitar part will typically have more mids (low mids specially) in it than a lead part.  Metal sounds typically have a scooped EQ (like a smile if you were looking at a graphic representation), which is all the mids turned down.

I run the pod directly into the interface. So yes, I'm recording the pod sounds. More specifically, what would I need to do in order to distinguish the rhythm from the lead, as far as configuring it in the pod goes? because right now I am just using the same tone, for both the rhythm and the lead. And then what I can do in the recording software, to boost them into their respective identities. What type of EQ's are good for accomplishing this?