Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hillbilly twang

Indianrock2020

Mainly in the fingers, but I'd say a Tele, through a pushed (power amp volume, not pre-amp) Fender style, or even the Dr Z - if you got the Vintage pack, try the Pete Anderson Custom, or maybe AC30! It's that kinda on edge of breakup crunch that we so love!

Yes I see the need for a tele or something similar, but in the solos I"m hearing what seems like a doubling.  That could be a studio trick, or some combination of reverb/delay -- or multiple reverbs/delays. ?

I'm probably going to use my jtv59 but could try my strat.

Yep, big reverb, and/or tight slapback delay, but it's not always so noticeable - in the beginning of the solo it is for sure. I'm personally not too big a fan of delays, though I know a lot of people are. I just believe it may as well not be there if you can't hear it, and most of the delays I find loaded into custom-tone patches, (usually designed for soloing), are just a waste of DSP IMHO. I'd just find the right kind of reverb for it.

I am hearing either double tracking or a very slight chorus effect and it sounds to me to be small to midsize room reverb, not hall, moreso than a delay. The room is cranked pretty good. I definitely am hearing some pitch shifting like a chorus effect.

• Upvote 1