Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to determine if Line6 G30 Relay TBP06 guitar transmitter is RF1 or RF2 mode, or how to reset?

exabrial

I want to make sure my Relay G30 transmitter is in RF2 mode. I bought it used. 

I tried following the directions where you turn it on and line from channel 6 to channel 1 quickly, but I don't ever get the blue light to flash. What am I doing wrong? I just want it in RF2 mode. Thanks!

I want to make sure my Relay G30 transmitter is in RF2 mode. I bought it used. 

I tried following the directions where you turn it on and line from channel 6 to channel 1 quickly, but I don't ever get the blue light to flash. What am I doing wrong? I just want it in RF2 mode. Thanks!

It means your unit is using an old firmware and it is not RF2 capable. Line 6 messed up the shipping of a lot of "brand new" G30 devices before. I bought mine new and it even came with the RF2 enabled note. It turns out it is not and had to go back to the shop to have it upgraded.

an authorized dealer here in Singapore. unfortunately, the upgrade requires access to an xd-v75. if you have access to one or know any shop or person willing to lend you the device, you can upgrade it manually by following the instructions on the link below

http://line6.com/support/topic/395-how-to-really-update-the-firmware-of-a-relay-g30-6-channel-receiver-rxs06/