Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What do I need on my PC for HD500X?

thanhbeo123

Hi all,

I'm a new guy here to POD HD500X. I've downloaded some new tones from Customtone but have no idea how to transfer these tones to my PodHd 500X. There are so many softwares on the website and I don't know what should I have. What are the best (important) softwares do I really need to start with? 

You need a program called HD500X Edit. You can find it in the Downloads section of this website. Or you can run Line 6 Monkey with your HD500X connected to your computer via USB. The Monkey will help you download and install it. Monkey will also let you know if you need to update your drivers.

I vote for Monkey, not just the EDIT program. 

Monkey will (when ran) inform you when updates are available. 

**Speaking of updates: 

I am going to suggest that you get the latest firmware for your Pod before you bother with installing tones.

• Upvote 1

Another vote for Line6 Monkey & HD500x Edit, however for either to work, you also need to download the drivers, so that the respective USB ports can talk to one another.

Unfortunately, just plugging your HD500x into your PC doesn't work (well, it didn't on my PC). The PC recognizes that something's there, but not what it is. You have to go to the Downloads page and select which software you need for your device & the OS you're running.

http://line6.com/software/index.html

You actually don't need Line 6 Monkey for anything other than flashing the firmware. It's just the easiest all in one location to tell you what you need which are the drivers, which allow for recording in your daw via usb using asio and also enables using hd edit, hd edit if you want to edit patches on the computer, and the license manager for authorizing any model packs.