Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Class on the Helix

specracer986

I signed up for a class next week at Line 6 Headquarters to learn more about programming the Helix. It's an all day class. I'm kind of jazzed about it as I have lots of dumb questions to ask. The only problem is I have to take the day off work, and we're real busy now, so I'll pay for my day of fun at some point. Anyone else going?

Maybe they want the experience from a live situation before they attempt that. I don't know. But since it's an all day class it would be tough to do a webinar. Plus they are going to have multiple instructors. That would also be hard to replicate online.

Sending this out to other cities would mean spending a bunch of money that they would have to charge for. Our entry fee is pretty low. I'm just glad they are doing it here.

I worked at Rainbow Guitars in Tucson for six years. Love southern Arizona. And northern Arizona. Basically everywhere in Arizona except Phoenix.

Wow, when I was working for the Jack Belmont Agency out of Seattle in the mid 1970's I had the opportunity to visit Chicago Music in Phoenix and was told about this little elongated narrow building in Tuscon.  When we played at the Black Angus in Tuscon the following week I rolled over to the place and it was one very cool calm guy behind the counter.  I was wide-eyed at some of the guitars since I had my '70 Paul and my '69 335 but always wanting a Strat.  He said he was sorry but the three Strats I was looking at belongs to Frank Zappa and were in for repair.  There are some memories I forget about until something triggers that dark corner of my brain.  Thanks DI.

Dennis

I worked at Rainbow Guitars in Tucson for six years. Love southern Arizona. And northern Arizona. Basically everywhere in Arizona except Phoenix.

The Mecca! I love me some Rainbow Guitars... I share your geographical preferences, there are many very scenic ways to avoid Phoenix  :D

I just wanted to report that the class was a good experience. Some real nice presentations by two Line 6 guys, Andy and Paul. Plus a couple of surprise guests, Elliot Easton from The Cars and Pete Thorn, of YouTube fame. Well worth taking the day off from work!!!