Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The search engine sucks...(Or else I'm using it wrong)

357mag

Every time I enter Ritchie Blackmore or Judas Priest or Scorpions or Michael Schenker or Made in Japan or Made in Europe...the search tells me "no results."

This happens way too often. Perhaps I'm using it wrong. When you search for a tone that emulates a guitarist, what should you enter? Do you enter the name of a song, or the name of an album, or the name of the guitarist or what?

It's kinda hard for me to enter the name of the preset, cuz I don't know what the creator of the preset called it.

If you are going into Custom Tone 9/10 they wouldn't sound like the artist the patch was named after. You could try and look up the rig and then search by amp model but again finding a decent one will take some work.

If you are going into Custom Tone 9/10 they wouldn't sound like the artist the patch was named after. You could try and look up the rig and then search by amp model but again finding a decent one will take some work.

It does kinda suck to have multiple levels of aggravation...first you can't find what you want, and then the alleged "Awesome Ritchie Blackmore patch" ends up sounding like the Ramones...;)

Well fortunately some people have uploaded fantastic presets for getting the Malmsteen tone. They nail it right on the money, and that is mainly what I got the HD Pro X for.

I know this is the wrong forum to ask but what is the consensus on the Helix?

Well fortunately some people have uploaded fantastic presets for getting the Malmsteen tone. They nail it right on the money, and that is mainly what I got the HD Pro X for.

I know this is the wrong forum to ask but what is the consensus on the Helix?

The overwhelming majority sing it's praises from dawn till dusk...most of the detractors seem to be the sort who think that anything that costs $1500 should (in addition to providing instant tonal nirvana) rid their lawn of crabgrass, and let them talk to the dead via USB...;)

As to the search engine --- 

Computers are not omniscient. They only know what we tell them to know. So, my Van Halen patch may sound nothing like Van Halen and may sound everything like Blackmore, but the computer won't know that. And the same thing with Richie Blakmoor. It only knows what I tell it to know, therefore you will never find that patch unless you spell it the same as I do. 

As others have said - do not try searching "every single word that I can think of at the same time because that really narrows down the resuts". Instead trying searching "every" "single" "word", one at a time. Try Deep Purple instead of Blackmore. Try song titles like Smoke On the Water instead of Deep Purple. 

AND, you can search compatible devices - the rack units (HD Pro and HD Pro X) do not have 'group participation' that the floor units (HD500 and HD500X) have, which means you will get fewer results no matter what you search. But, since those 4 devices are 97% the same unit, you can use any of them. 

As to the Helix: 

If you have a fully functional working unit that does the things you need it to do, there is no reason to even look at another unit. Bury your head in the sand. There is no reason to keep up to date with product knowledge. 

It does kinda suck to have multiple levels of aggravation...first you can't find what you want, and then the alleged "Awesome Ritchie Blackmore patch" ends up sounding like the Ramones... ;)

Ramones? oh great....i gotta grab that one :)