Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix question about running it just as a pedalboard

guitarman2323

Hello everyone.  I'm new to the forum and Line 6 products as well.  I have a new Helix and I'm having trouble getting it set up how I want.  I have some very nice Category 5 and PRS amps that I currently use live so I'm wanting to use the Helix to replace my large pedalboard.  I'm not going to need the amp models live.  I've seen videos/tutorials where people have it set up with effects all across the board, I believe 10 of them since the bank up/down where not present.  I was thinking that's the stompbox mode but trying that last night I couldn't get the lights to stop flashing to engage the effects or get it to save.   Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  I figured out how to save a board as a patch but that limits my pedals to eight.  Thanks for the help in advance!

Jon

Hey guitarman, welcome to the forum

One of the footswitches should be labeled "Mode" - if you press that footswitch, Helix will change to stompbox mode, which gets rid of preset buttons and the bank up/down buttons, leaving you 10 switches for pedals.  

Most/All of them should be blank.  Use the joystick (the knob to the right of the screen) to highlight an effect you want to assign to a footswitch, and then touch (with your finger, for a second or so) the footswitch you want that effect assigned to - Helix will ask you if you want to assign bypass to that footswitch, and then press down on the knob under the green accept button.  

Edit: Sean Halley does a fantastic explanation of all this here.  Relevant stuff at around the 2:00 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCKEHkXhfhk

Hi Guitarman,

One thing that comes to mind when say you see things flashing is that you may have pressed and held the "MODE" switch. When you hold the "MODE" footswitch you enter the Edit Mode, where you can edit the parameters with your feet.

Hope that helps! Have fun with your Helix