Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problems w/ FBV3 Controller

floorpuncher

I just bought an HD Pro X with a FBV3 controller. I've had some trouble getting everything to work properly. After an update to the controller, I was able to get the lights and all that jazz working. I can get my presets to switch using the A B C D buttons and I can switch the effects I've assigned to the FS1-5. However, everything seems to be shifted. So the effects that I've assigned to FS1 are toggled with FS2. The effect for FS2 is toggled with FS3, etc.. If I step on FS1, the light for button A turns off, the light for FS1 and FS4 turn on. I've tried messing with some settings in the FBV Control program but truthfully, I'm a bit lost. Any help would be appreciated.

you are not lost, that is "how it is".  the FBV3 is much newer than HD, and FS1 is now auto-assigned to the looper on/off (which would have been on FS5 on the 500X).  that means everything is shifted over 1.  (the "function" button is the setlist changer)

I was originally a little bummed on this -  I really like the FBV3 format/lights for use in my performance rig with my HD Pro X and was hoping this could be changed, but after speaking with a few people internally I don't see that happening in the forseeable future.  the silver lining: I just reassigned where the buttons were I wanted to go and it works great - had completely forgotten about that situation until I saw your post, which means that you'll probably adjust pretty quickly/easily ;)

you are not lost, that is "how it is".  the FBV3 is much newer than HD, and FS1 is now auto-assigned to the looper on/off (which would have been on FS5 on the 500X).  that means everything is shifted over 1.  (the "function" button is the setlist changer)

I was originally a little bummed on this -  I really like the FBV3 format/lights for use in my performance rig with my HD Pro X and was hoping this could be changed, but after speaking with a few people internally I don't see that happening in the forseeable future.  the silver lining: I just reassigned where the buttons were I wanted to go and it works great - had completely forgotten about that situation until I saw your post, which means that you'll probably adjust pretty quickly/easily ;)

Right on. Thanks for the response. I want to be sure I understand what you're saying when you say "I just reassigned where the buttons were I wanted to go". Are you saying that you were able to manually reassign the switches so that FS1 is indeed FS1? If so, how is this accomplished? Thanks for the help!

the only way I have been able to do this is to "add 1" to the FS assignments.  I.e. - FS2 on the Pro X is FS3 on the FBV3, and so on.  FS1is "hard assigned" to the looper, so don't plan to use that unless you are doing looping.   

the only way I have been able to do this is to "add 1" to the FS assignments.  I.e. - FS2 on the Pro X is FS3 on the FBV3, and so on.  FS1is "hard assigned" to the looper, so don't plan to use that unless you are doing looping.   

Got it. Thanks for the help. Hopefully this will be fixed at some point in the future.