Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L2t update?

Over on the Firehawk forum I received a response.

"As long as the L2's are updated, you should be more than happy with the sound."

I was asking if the L2t would sound good with a Firehawk Fx. Now I'm wondering is there some update that I need to do when I receive my L2t? Anybody know anything about this? The post was from Tcamponovo. Who is Line 6 staff according to his profile. 

Should receive the speaker tomorrow. Do I need to be concerned about this?

..... and you need the Line 6 M20d mixer to perform the update.

I wouldn't worry about it. I think the (now very old) update only affected the speaker integration with other L6 components using the L6 Link connections. An L2t on its own will be fine anyway.

..... and you need the Line 6 M20d mixer to perform the update.

I wouldn't worry about it. I think the (now very old) update only affected the speaker integration with other L6 components using the L6 Link connections. An L2t on its own will be fine anyway.

As pathetic as it sounds, I've never even pondered updating firmware on my L2T...but I haven't got an M20 mixer anyway, as I imagine is the case with plenty of other L2T owners as well. Since you can't assume ownership of both units, how important could any updates really be if half the folks who have one wouldn't be able to do it anyway?

• Upvote 1

An important question might be... why cannot any such update be completed using any L6 device with a USB and L6Link connector?

You shouldn't need an M20d (I do have one) - just a POD HD or Helix.

Agreed Rewolf! The good news is received the L2t and it is awesome. Great with a Firehawk(w/Variac JTV-59) and superb with my Breedlove acoustic! But ya, what if there is a update that comes down the line? I'm not sure I'm going to invest in a M20d to do this! It should be available, like you said, with a USB or L6 link device!

• 4 weeks later...

A Line 6 dealer should be able and willing to install any updates at no charge. Any justifiable charge (other than shipping costs if required) should be paid by Line 6 to the dealer doing the work as part of Line 6's Customer Service program.

Then again, as already noted, most potential updates will provide functionality most Owners will never miss.