Photo

How Important Is It To You To Have Access To The 1.9 And Earlier Tones In The 2.0 Firmware?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO YOU TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE 1.9 TONES IN THE 2.0 FIRMWARE? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO YOU TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE OLDER LO-RES NON-HD MODELS IN THE NEW 2.0 FIRMWARE?

1. VERY IMPORTANT, without this feature my JTV is pretty much a worthless pile of "lollipop"! (14 votes [28.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

2. KIND OF IMPORTANT, meh, I might use some of the older models some times if they were there. Then again, I might not. (12 votes [24.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

3. NOT AT ALL IMPORTANT, the 2.0 models sound great and I have no need or desire for the current or future versions of the firmware to include anything from the older modeling. (24 votes [48.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 ozbadman

ozbadman

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1689 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

If I mic the string I use to cut my cheese I guess I'll have more body than 1:35

So it was you who cut the cheese?

#42 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5514 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

It's kind of funny this is still being debated... In my little test, a majority of people here were fooled by the Variax... Isn't that the point of all this modeling?

As far as the output, I do think 2.0 is slightly lower than 1.9. However,as far as the Strat, I've found the 2.0 Spank model is still a little hotter than my real Strat.

I mean the thing is, there's not necessarily one quintessential Strat sound. There will be slight variations even between the same models of the same year probably. All Line 6 can do is model the one the pick and stick with it. That's what they've done, and people should just accept it. If they don't like the stock model, they can always modify it on Workbench. Or they can revert to 1.9. No one is forced to do anything.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#43 Melissiah

Melissiah

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

It's kind of funny this is still being debated...

Yep 1st time I see all thoses debates about a good patch. Probably because there is something wrong inside it.

For tonight I'll shut up and I don't want to start war and get neg-rep by 4 thousands post guys but you were the beta testers... so if you complain about it you complain about your feedbacks to line 6 and to your own work right? Or maybe you are gibson users who use strats 10% of the time... my bad I said I should shut up.

I did my own test after all thoses debates and I have to say that I less hate strat 2.0 than before. 2.0 is not perfect but... I have an american standard 1993 strat with DG20 active pickups with dead strings and exg and spc board. (david gilmour setup in 80-90s) So it's not a real strat I know... Curiously they have the same output  than the 2.0 (except the high E string  who still suck on 2.0) But on my strat on position 1 E string suck too, not as bad as 2.0 but as I said before it's active PU so more output normaly.

How can a telecaster have twice output than a strat in position one? Anyway I don't want to bash anyone who works hard but I hope for a fix soon like any online video games. If not, I'll stay with 2.0 anyway and tweak my HD500 and WBHD. And also I'll use TELE 1 instead of Strat 1 for now.

By the way Zap I really like your custom 335

My Dream Rig Studio:

http://line6.com/sup...your-dream-rig/

My dream rig presets for now 1.9

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Melissiah.zip

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Shine%20on.zip

#44 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15532 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Thank you! i often wonder if anyone even tried them. Appreciate the feedback.

By the way Zap I really like your custom 335

#45 sdunmire

sdunmire

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

So it was you who cut the cheese?

Man, I was too slow!  Dang.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users