Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X makes a weird noise

Gary_T

I will do the Best I can to describe this.

I have owned my HD 500 X for about 6 months now. A couple of months after owning it it made this low frequency type of noise. It kind of startled me so I shut everything down. When I turned everything back on, the noise went away. Now fast forward to tonight and it made the noise again. At first I did not know if it was the power amp or of the pod making the noise, but tonight I verified that it was the pod. When the noise happened, I went over to the power amp and turned it down. The noise was still present. I went back to the pod and switched the preset and the noise went away.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know it's kind of hard to imagine what I'm talking about because you really have to hear the noise to understand. And the best I can tell you is that if you strummed a Drop C chord, that's kind of what it sounds like, for lack of a better explanation.

This has happened twice so there is no rhyme or reason or anything that I have done that could have created the sound.

Should I contact line 6 and have them look at it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I did not understand exactly what kind of noise are you talking about, but I and others in the past have had problems due to a sudden very loud noise that appeared after installing some firmware versions, which was later resolved by upgrading to an newer bug fixed version ..

Thank you for your response. Imagine strumming a chord in "C" and thats the best example I can give you. It was sudden, but did not stop until I switched between presets. I will check my firmware to see if I am running that version.