Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podhd500 Looper

tdownerd

1. I'll admit to not searching my question before posting. (so please direct me to relevant post and berate me at the same time)

2. Can you assign the looper overall volume to the exp pedal...thereby allowing you to have a loop that you fade out.  Or do you at this point tell me to buy an external looper because the POD's is a gimmick?  

Thanks!

Buy an external looper if you plan to use it for live play. The POD looper is useful for laying down a backing track to practice solos (POST mode), and for auditioning and tweaking tones easily (PRE mode). It is not easy to use during a live performance.

@silverhead....thank you, that's what I was thinking.  I've tried using the looper in a band situation...wasn't ideal....but now that makes me think my expectations will be too high for what an external one will do (and those aren't cheap)

• 3 weeks later...

When I set a loop its not continuous, it will roll for as long as I play then its like it stops, rewinds (no sound), then picks up again which isn't what I was expecting, is this how the looper works? BTW, enjoying all the other attributes of my recently acquired HD500.

Thanks,

Frank

It's all in your timing... it does not quantize or otherwise stop your loop or situate it to play continuously... really takes a bit of practice, but will loop seamlessly.

Hi, could you please help me understand what sort of timing? I start record, play a few bars, then depress Rec/Overdub to  stop the recording, I tried to use Play/Stop as well when done recording but it left the gap too.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Frank

That's the same thing I've experienced.

I stop the recording a little bit early, not on beat 1, more like beat 3 +or-.

It's is still kind of a crap shoot to get it to seamlessly loop.

If it would quantize, like my RC-2, it would rock!

Yeah, I ended up getting an RC-300 myself... 

wayyy overkill for someone that just wants the simple pod looper to work.

but i figured i'd rather grow into something, than grow out of it.

Nice. The RC-300 looks awesome. And it's expensive!

Loopers actually are very cool, especially a live rig like yours.

The looper on the HD500 is quite basic, but is super nice to have on board for tone shaping,

working on a small phrase, and especially looping a guitar part and going out to the soundboard 

to EQ the mixer channel, and make it sound nice out front!!!

Not all sound techs have a good guitar ear.

Yeah, I ended up getting an RC-300 myself... 

wayyy overkill for someone that just wants the simple pod looper to work.

but i figured i'd rather grow into something, than grow out of it.

Thanks for the info, I'll play with it some but now have a better feel for its limitations. I don't suppose there's a patch that corrects this weakness?

Frank

sorry guys to say you're off topic with the timing issue...

...now, to tdownerd

me too, I'd like the loop volume to be assignable to the exp pedal or at least a "fade out when stopped" option

please vote this function on IdeaScale

here :

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/HD500-Looper-volume-should-be-controlled-by-exp-pedal/490433-23508

the trick is to hit record one the "1" and hit play/overdub on the "1" also...don't try and cut the loop off right before the one, then you'll get a gap. I've used the looper on mine since day one in a live situation, it just takes some practice...and a back-up plan if something gets fudged!

@The Real Zap-When you say configurable output options with the RC-300 does that mean you can send one channel to somewhere other than your amp?

Yeah you can set each looper position to one of 2 output designations... the main out or the sub out.

i send the rhythm track for example to my PA, and my guitar to the guitar amp.

you could of course send the bass to the PA too, which i "quasi" do...

i have a track set to sub, and use the transpose effect to turn my guitar into a fake bass track to the PA...

keeps my guitar amp dedicated to what my guitar tracks.

the trick is to hit record one the "1" and hit play/overdub on the "1" also...don't try and cut the loop off right before the one, then you'll get a gap. I've used the looper on mine since day one in a live situation, it just takes some practice...and a back-up plan if something gets fudged!

@The Real Zap-When you say configurable output options with the RC-300 does that mean you can send one channel to somewhere other than your amp?

• 4 weeks later...
Recently the looper has just appeared in my effects chain and it has brought with it a buzz. How do I get it out. Pressing enter when the arrow is on top of it doesnt help.

The looper is always in the chain. Are you sure you're not talking about the effects loop block? If that's in your chain somewhere and you want it to be gone, just change it to another effect or change it to be "none".