Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

stubbsonic

I'm not in very deep, But I have read the manuals and have tinkered some.

Is there a way to create a kind of "crossover" in the pre-A/B block? Perhaps a LPF on the lower wire and an HPF on the upper wire. Any thoughts? Anyone try this? Wondering about bi-amping potential this way.

It would be cool if Line6 added a dedicated splitter/crossover in the Pre-A/B position-- in a similar spirit to the included the mixer in the Post-A/B position. It could have two modes: if the prior block is stereo, it would provide settings to route L & R from a stereo block to the A or B path. If the prior block is mono, it could provide a crossover option to send highs to one path and lows to the other. Being able to control the both the A/B pan, and cross-over frequency in realtime. That would be awesome.

I would have liked to see more a few more realtime control sources for parameters. For example, have 4 assignable MIDI CC's, 2  LFO generators, and two dynamic envelopes based on any input source (even for side-chaining). This would allow realtime control and automation in a DAW, In the UI, the list of available controls would expand to include: EXP1, EXP2, LFO1, LFO2, ENV1, ENV2, A-MIDI CC, B-MIDI CC B, C-MIDI CC, D-MIDI CC. Then use system settings to configure each of the new controls.

In the signal flow screen, there could be some change to show double-wires for stereo fx-- and split to show when L goes to A and R goes to B. It would also be cool if there was some little underline to show how much CPU is being used by which blocks.

Sometimes the designers were faithful to the originals avoiding adding controls that were lacking in the originals, and sometimes they added them. I think it would be good if they added a 2nd page to some FX models to add in "modern" alterations where appropriate.

I'd also like to see a modern compressor with:  threshold, ratio, knee, attack & release times, and make-up gain.

Don't interpret this as whining. I'm pretty happy with the HD500 (now that I've repaired the buttons and broken encoder on this used unit).