Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Did I buy wrong Product...Voice Live 3 Extreme?

FunkenBlues

Hello tone gurus,

I am starting a solo gig and want to keep my gear to a minimum.  I play both acoustic & electric using a Taylor T5Z.  I just recieved the voice Live 3 Extreme and have time to return for Helix.  Or can there be a way to use both of them together?  I just do not know if Helix is meant for the solo artist who wants both acoustic and heavy electric tones.

Thanks Everyone!!

BobbyD...NYC

As a HD500 and VL3X owner....

The units are night and day regarding amp modelling. The whole guitar layer in the VL3X sucks IMHO. The difference with the Helix will be abysmal.

The VL3X sounds good with the voice (Or mic. I'm using it with my sax and flute), but I think the "3 in one" (Voice processor, guitar and looper) concept is completely wrong here. I think they would do better to concentrate on making just one good, rather 3 not very well.

The looper is clumsy compared with any dedicated looper in the market (Boss RC-300 here), and the guitar layer is deficient in every aspect compared even to a cheap Zoom G1. It´s simply the worst I have heard in many time.

The best thing you can do is turn it off completely. So you can free DSP, and use guitar outputs for output of backing tracks instead.

And they have plans to release a new Voicelive 4 soon. Therefore, if your primary need is the guitar, if I were you sell the VL3X.

In fact I'm thinking about selling everything and buy the Helix. Not sure if Helix improves mic processing
in any way compared with the HD series, though.