Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PODHD500X to a cab

xGauSx

All of this depends on how you want to use it. 

A guitar amp and a guitar cab are going to give different results than a guitar amp and pa cab or pa amp and pa cab. 

For me, I go direct to the pa. I get all tone from the Pod. No coloring issues. No mic issues. 

My patches will not sound the same if someone is running it through an amp. 

So, then, I need to ask you... 

How are you going to be using it? 

And that is rhetorical, you don't need to answer to me - only to yourself. 

I want it throught a power amp (The one above) and a cab (One of the two I mentioned above).

The issue is that I dont know if the power amps has to much W and can break my cab or has low W and wont have enough power or something something like that

If what I read was correct, it has no 1/4" ins or outs. So you would have to run the XLRs in and probably run the outs to a PA style speaker as it has Speakon outs. To me it would be a no go.

100 - 150 watts into a 4 ohm cab gets REAL loud. For SS power amps the Rocktron Velocity is always a good choice.

The cab is a 16 ohm cab on mono bridged. And I wanted this specific power amp cause I want it to be as flat as possible to not modify my tone as I saw Rocktrons changed the tone.

No power amp is totally transparent...who cares if Joe Blow over at the Gear Page says that he couldn't "sound just like Yngwie anymore" because of the Rocktron amp he bought? The POD has knobs. Tweak to taste.

That aside, while it's generally best to match impedances, as long as the cab's impedance is the same or higher than the rating on the amp, you should have no problems. I ran an 8 ohm amp into a 16 ohm cabinet for years without a hiccup. You will lose some power this way, because you're supplying more resistance than the amp is expecting, but it shouldn't damage anything. What you CAN'T do, is go the other way...an 8 ohm amp into a 4 ohm cabinet is what we call "bad". ;)

Look for an amp with selectable impedance...they're out there.

The Rocktron is just one example if you really want flat investigate the FRFR powered speakers. Rewiring a cab is fairly simple if you know what you have and what you want to achieve in ohms.

Cabs do color the tone, materials, speakers, design.... etc. and depending on one's ears not in a bad way.