Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where's the gain?

30sos

Hi, all. Just got my Amplifi 75 and I'm wondering if anyone else thinks the high gain patches don't pack a lot of punch...?

I've been using L6 stuff since the bean and have always had to turn the gain down, but with this thing it feels like I can't get a good heavy crunch or sustain even with the gain at 10.

Am I alone on this? Is it possible I got a lemon (it was a factory refurb)? Any suggestions on patches I should try to test it out? Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I just starting tinkering with my FX100 for the first time last night.  I was with you, thought the gain was lacking.  But here's what I did, and love it now!

I found good tones by tweaking the Master of Puppets and Still of the Night tones.  With both, using my iOS app, I set the gain on the amp setting to 75%, and used the Tube Screamer stomp box.  (Tube Screamer settings didn't make much of a difference.  As long as it was on.)  Then tweak the EQ.  Gotta boost the high frequencies to get that gain bite.  That's where I'm struggling now.  I'm real close to tones I like, but need to figure out which frequencies to boost/cut, and by how much.