Mpranger90

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:17 AM

Ladies and gents!

since a week ago i am a proud owner of a Line 6 Helix! but when i was fiddling around with the internal routing, i noticed that the first and third return are not functioning, the 2nd and 4th are working (i tested this by playing music with my phone through a mini-jack -> 6,3 adapter.)

Is my hardware faulty? or is it a internal/software setting that must be adjusted? i hope you guys can help me out with this issue!

with best regards,

Milton

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15804 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Registered Products:15

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:09 AM

The Send/Return pairs on the rear panel are aligned differently than on most devices. Double check the jack labels and make sure that you are not actually using the Send jacks rather than the 1 and 3 Return jacks.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 WickedFinger

WickedFinger

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationVan, down by the river

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:38 PM

There are also Global settings for signal level which may play a part. You can use send/return separately and different ones or just use the combination loop send/return in mono or stereo configs. I would be surprised if the unit was not working right. I am sure L6 would effect repairs asap if this is so, 

"Eureka; Science, through the ability of advanced modeling mimic copy has succeeded in creating a cheese that smells even worse and tastes just like the original cheese. Scientific review has been asking why is the cloning of cheese considered an appropriate goal?" 

#4 Mpranger90

Mpranger90

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:54 AM

Okay, i already figured it out, the problem was that i was approaching this with a sound engineer's point of view.

normally the sends are  on the top and the sends are on the bottom. i made a preset patch with returns blocks and tested all the inputs, and it works flawlessly like it should!

thanks for the replies and the support!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: return, aux, external, playback