Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Small VDI Interface

I am really interested in reducing the amount of gear that I need to carry. I doubt this exists, but I would really like a small Variax interface that was not embedded within a large controller (HD500x or Helix).  I just need something that provided access to both mags and model sounds and allows model switching via midi commands. AFAIK, there is really nothing smaller then a PodXt that will allow that type of access. I own a HD500x and it's not too big, but it could be replaced with an ios device or computer (that I am using for other stuff).  Let me know if I am missing something.

thanks.

What you describe has been suggested / requested numerous times.  I think there's little chance of Line6 taking action, since they want you to spend the long dollars for the top-of-the-line pedals.  It's more likely that some enterprising soul will reverse-engineer the signaling protocol and produce a third-party device.

What you describe has been suggested / requested numerous times.  I think there's little chance of Line6 taking action, since they want you to spend the long dollars for the top-of-the-line pedals.  It's more likely that some enterprising soul will reverse-engineer the signaling protocol and produce a third-party device.

It's what economists call bundling:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_bundling

It's probably not that complicated but it's beyond me to reverse the protocol. I wish they would just publish it.