Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Running into 8 assignments issue with Footswitch. Anyone suggest workaround?

ramirezdan

I'm controlling Ableton Live with 9 of my stomps. These do nothing but send midi messages to Live. I'm reserving the 10th footswitch as an FX ON/OFF switch that controls the Helix's internal FX. I'm using snapshots to pick my guitar(or synth) sound. 

I've got a long serial set of blocks and was happily assigning Footswitch 1 to their bypass state when it became greyed out for the 8th effect. Since Footswitch one is already sending a midi command, it appears I've run into the "Each footswitch can have up to 8 assignments" limitation mentioned in the manual.

So, short of reducing my blocks to 7 or fewer for my snapshots. Can anyone suggest a workaround? I basically need Footswitch 1 to send a clean DI signal when OFF, and a wet chain when ON. Bonus points for being able to adjust the wet/dry mix with EXP2.

In case anyone else is running into this. Here's how I semi-figured it out. 

Drag all the "Wet" blocks down so you get that little white circle. Change it to Split A/B. Where the A and B chains merge, click on the Merge Mixer and assign EXP2 to both A and B level. Then reverse the Min and Max settings for either path. This means you're 100% dry on one side, and 100% wet on the other. I suppose I could assign FS1 with the same assignments, but a wet/dry controller seems pretty nice too. Will have to try both ways to see which I prefer.