Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Organ/POG style patch

chuskey

I had a crack at making a POG/organ style effect with Helix. I did it using a Variax, but you could just as easily do it with a regular guitar. 

Here's a video about the patch:

https://youtu.be/BcVZ3p644uY

Here's a link to the patch:

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/2500797/

+1 Great sound and tutorial, darn nice of you to contribute it to the community. Thanks!

Btw, I have never set up a patch with two inputs for Variax magnetics. How does that work exactly?

+1 Great sound and tutorial darn nice of you to contribute it to the community. Thanks!

Btw, I have never set up a patch with two inputs for Variax magnetics. How does that work exactly?

You're very welcome!  

With paths 1A, 1B, 2A, and 2B you could have up to 4 separate inputs.  Since I was pitch shifting the Variax digital signal I had to make sure to use the Variax Mags for the other paths.  I setup 2 separate Variax Mag paths so I could use 2 different pitch shifters without them interfering with each other.  

If I wasn't using Variax I'd set all 3 inputs to guitar or multi and add a pitch block on patch 1A shifting up an octave, which is what I have the Variax digital signal doing.  

You're very welcome!  

With paths 1A, 1B, 2A, and 2B you could have up to 4 separate inputs.  Since I was pitch shifting the Variax digital signal I had to make sure to use the Variax Mags for the other paths.  I setup 2 separate Variax Mag paths so I could use 2 different pitch shifters without them interfering with each other.  

If I wasn't using Variax I'd set all 3 inputs to guitar or multi and add a pitch block on patch 1A shifting up an octave, which is what I have the Variax digital signal doing.  

Clever use of routing, thanks for the explanation.