Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New here! I have some questions

Heya! I'm new to these parts.

I have a history of creating music as a hobby, but most of this was done entirely with my computer (though I do play piano).

With that being said, I'm moving into doing some podcasts and video game streaming.

As for the gear I happened to have around, I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and a mic of sorts ( http://i.imgur.com/swRaca0.jpg ). I also have FL Studio as a DAW. What I'm looking to do is get into Pod Farm usage for my podcasting and livestreaming. I've heard a lot of great things about Pod Farm and would like to utilize it. Here are the questions:

Will PodFarm allow me to assist in managing my voice levels and such on the fly while livestreaming?

Does PodFarm work standalone (such as being able to use headphones mic without the need for a physical interface), does it require any physical device interface such as my Scarlett, or does it absolutely require this interface: https://www.amazon.com/Line-6-POD-Studio-UX2/dp/B001EKECC2?

Assuming I get everything I need, can it run through my headphones mic, or does it require a dedicated microphone (ie not a USB headphone such as headphones microphone)?

My desired end result is using Pod Farm with the PowerPack on my PC for livestreaming. I'd prefer to use my headphones microphone (USB) if possible for ease's sake, though if necessary, I'm willing to buy whatever hardware I need in order to get it to work. 

Thanks for the assistance!