25 replies to this topic

#21 Jasonbrianmerrill

Jasonbrianmerrill

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

well, I fear doing anything to the guitar until I have some kind of assurance from Line 6... they don't post on here, so I'll bring this to the attention of the support staff.

#22 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

By the way, those pictures are of the old original bridge wiring design.  Mine is much different (latest since I juts purchased it two weeks ago).  Mine has a much improved routing of the wires to not interfere with the trem.  It would be fairly easy to put some very thin tape around the hole where the wires go from the trem cavity to the electronics cavity to reduce the possibility of a broken string end finding it's way into the elecronics.  You could also mount a little magnet there to capture any string ends.  I had to pull mine apart last night and take a look.  No string ends and I was surprised at how they have changed the trem wiring of the 69.  No cable ties or plastic cable clips.  I will try to take a good picture and post it since it looks way different than anything I have seen posted.  There is no easy to eliminate completely the possibility of a broken string finding it's way out of the trem cavity because the wires have to move freely when you work the trem.  The hole between cavities is fairly large to keep the wires from touching the wood.

#23 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14789 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

if it was me (i have a 59) at the very least i'd modify a cymbal felt to wrap the wires and fit through the hole...

i'm not rich enough to buy a new variax that one time that the system gets critically shorted.

#24 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5268 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

if it was me (i have a 59) at the very least i'd modify a cymbal felt to wrap the wires and fit through the hole...

i'm not rich enough to buy a new variax that one time that the system gets critically shorted.

That seems like a great solution, actually - cheap and easy. What may be even slightly better is a self-adhesive felt washer to stick on the surface of the trem cavity.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#25 johnnyayyy

johnnyayyy

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

I actually have thought about that, and I think it would be great. The only problem is that I believe this voids the warranty.

If you tried bringing the JTV in for servicing with the 600 neck you might have a problem, BUT if you needed servicing during your warranty period it would be quick and easy to slap the JTV neck right back on the 69 body, have the guitar serviced, and switch the neck again afterward.

I dislike the Tyler headstock and think the old 600 neck would improve the 69 aesthetically, and if it plays better as well... why the heck not?

#26 stevekc

stevekc

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

By the way, those pictures are of the old original bridge wiring design.  Mine is much different (latest since I juts purchased it two weeks ago).

Please post a pic!

FWIW - after my last JTV-69 Line-6 RMA , this is how they delivered it to me in December 2011

1372711238_786268275_P1020002.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users