Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar Sound from Speakers - Rest of sound in Headphones

Hello!

I have an issue I've never encountered before and I'm not completely sure of how to solve it. I have a Line 6 UX2. I use a pair of Creative speakers for my PC. I also have a pair of Sennheiser which I use with my PC aswell.

At the momemt, I have my speakers plugged into the "Phones" port of my UX2, and the UX2 is connected via USB to my computer.

When I start Pod Farm and plug in my guitar, my guitar sound comes from the speakers, while all the other PC sounds still comes in my headphones (Spotify etc).

I've tried plugging out my headphones but then I have no sound at all from Spotify.

So the problem in short:

Guitar sound coming out of speakers, PC sounds don't.

Shouldn't they come from the speakers automatically since I have the UX2 plugged into the computer.

I'm so lost right now. Any clarification is mostly appreciated.

Cheers

Jesper

I suspect your connections are confusing your PC. You're right that usually when the UX2 is connect d via USB then it becomes your computer's soundcard and all sound, including from Spotify, will be directed through the UX2. However, you also have headphones connected to your computer. The computer (reasonably, I think) concludes that you want to use its internal soundcard for the purely PC-generated sounds like Spotify while the UX2 specific programs like Pod Farm use the UX2 as the soundcard. Hence the separation of the sounds. I guess the computer does not respond automatically when you disconnect the headphones.

Try visiting the Sound control panel item in your computer and specify that it should use th UX2 as the sound card for all purposes.