Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix forum unavailable on mobile?

Verne-Bunsen

Hello all,

Ever since last nights maintenance, I can't load the Helix forum on my iPhone. All of the other Line 6 forums load fine, but trying to access the Helix forum just directs me to the Line 6 mobile homepage. I've even entered a different forum, switched to the "full version" and then tried to access the Helix forum, only to find myself back at the Line 6 mobile homepage. I can find links to specific threads via Google and I can follow them successfully, but trying to then follow the link back to the main forum takes me right back to the homepage. It works fine on my iPad, which is weird. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

VB

Me too. I'm on my phone chrome incognito settings and got here finally. Dunno what's up. Tried my phone's other browser and from my pc and it works, but not the normal chrome on my phone. Keeps dumping me back to the L6 home page, though not on the other forums... Weird...

Dave

Hmmm, works for me, right now anyway, Note 4.

But both desktop and mobile versions have been wobbly for a few weeks now, sometimes up but not always, various errors, or just a blank page. I know they're aware of that and are working on it, that why they did whatever they did yesterday.

Just tried cleaning the chrome cache & browser history - didn't help. Opened the incognito chrome browser and here I am, signed in, so I could post this. Weird. When signed in normally, choosing the Helix forum bounces me back to the L6 home page. None of the other forums do that.... Works fine on my pc, though... Win 8.1 & IE (whatever the latest is). Think it's fine on my Win 10 & Edge browser.

Dave

Incognito mode seems to be working on Chrome when regular mode is not. This leads me to believe that perhaps clearing the cache and cookies might allow the normal Chrome mode to work again.

Update: Clearing the cache and cookies as well as the browsing history did not help. Even tried reinstalling Chrome. Still having issues connecting in anything but Incognito mode. I can sometimes use regular mode to connect to the forum after reinstalling but if I try to open up a second window to the forum I cannot leave the main Line6 window. Behavior does not seem to be predictable on Chrome in normal mode since the update.

Giving up on Chrome browser on my phone. It's native browser works for the Helix forum. Chrome works on my pc, as well as IE, and IE and Edge on my Win 10 laptop, so dunno, tried clearing the Chrome cache and history on the phone, but no go... I try it periodically, but no change.

Giving up on Chrome browser on my phone. It's native browser works for the Helix forum. Chrome works on my pc, as well as IE, and IE and Edge on my Win 10 laptop, so dunno, tried clearing the Chrome cache and history on the phone, but no go... I try it periodically, but no change.

I don't have Chrome on my phone but on the PC the cache clearing has an option for how far back you want to go (e.g. one day, one week, beginning of time). If the phone version of the app offers this option, make sure you clear the cache back far enough (I think it defaults to one day). I found Chrome wasn't working for me as recently as yesterday until I cleared the cache going all the way back in time.

Btw, there was a major cyber-attack on Dyn (a large DNS provider and web hosting company) a few days ago that heavily impacted many of their customers. I wonder if Line6 got caught up in this. Everything seems back to normal now. I am not having issues with any browser flavor since yesterday or the day before.

This has been going on for a couple weeks now, so don't think the cyber attacks last Friday had anything to do with it. The phone version of Chrome on my android doesn't have many options and I tried them all. My Chrome on the pc does work on this helix forum, though, so just specific to my phone, it seems.

This has been going on for a couple weeks now, so don't think the cyber attacks last Friday had anything to do with it. The phone version of Chrome on my android doesn't have many options and I tried them all. My Chrome on the pc does work on this helix forum, though, so just specific to my phone, it seems.

If you haven't tried it yet it might be worth uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling.