Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Will Installing Model Pack Overwrite Existing Settings?

Hi everyone, I have a POD XT Pro with no additional packs installed. Just stock tones and a bunch of downloaded custom tones. I want to purchase and install the Metal Shop pack but will it overwrite anything/everything that's already on my POD XT Pro? Thanks in advance.

Hey there, its been "years" since I did the XT model packs but if you back up your bundle it won't matter. If authorizing the pack does blank the XT's banks you can reload the saved bundle. Reflashing will blank the banks but I want to say the model pack is just authorizing the XT for its use. Either way backing up your patches should be done.

Hope that helps! :)

B

Thanks for the reply. I don't quite understand how all this works or where the new model pack(s) actually go. I have all the settings from 1A to 19D used up. 20A to 32D are empty (they just say "USER"). Does the model pack go into these spots or do you select different model packs at startup? Maybe someone can enlighten me. When I start the unit up, it says "Standard Model Set Loaded" or something like that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is how do fit them all in? I'll definitely back up. Confused :(