Photo

L2t Power Switching Question

Best Answer RonMarton , 31 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

....was really just wondering if the L2T has any funky boot-up or shut-down sequencing that gets poked by abrupt (external) switching....

That's really good thinking, Matt...

(I just wish that all of my clients were as clear-headed and precautionary.)

...But these days, (as I'm sure you'll have guessed by now) any road-going gear from any reputable manufacturer simply MUST be able to handle mains interruptions without the lengthy "boot-up" delays that plagued much digital gear from decades past.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sideshowqaz

Sideshowqaz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationRhode Island, USA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Anyone see any concerns switching L2T main power via a Furman pedalboard supply (...as I currently use to switch power on an HD 500X)?

Tks

- Matt

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

I'm guessing, Matt...

That you're referring to the Edison 110v mains outlets in the left of the silver chassis on the superbly conceived device pictured here, ...one that's (really sadly) now discontinued.

SPB-8C-front_page.jpg

If that's the (excuse the pun) case, you should have NO problems whatsoever operating the way you're suggesting, the only possible problem being the popping of its fuses if other devices you've connected at the same time were to exceed its current limits.

By way of an example, this Furman SPB-8C should easily mains power four StageSource speakers, (the most conveniently scheme being one per mains outlet) or (say) three of those plus a StageScape M20d mixer, ...while it's also powering a variety of effects pedals from its 9v DC outlets.

#3 Sideshowqaz

Sideshowqaz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Ron - That's the one / tks......I'm running the supply at ~40% max with a single L2T, POD HD500X, M13 and a Radial PZ DI, so current margin should be plenty....was really just wondering if the L2T has any funky boot-up or shut-down sequencing that gets poked by abrupt (external) switching....tks for your consult

- Matt

#4 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:02 PM   Best Answer

....was really just wondering if the L2T has any funky boot-up or shut-down sequencing that gets poked by abrupt (external) switching....

That's really good thinking, Matt...

(I just wish that all of my clients were as clear-headed and precautionary.)

...But these days, (as I'm sure you'll have guessed by now) any road-going gear from any reputable manufacturer simply MUST be able to handle mains interruptions without the lengthy "boot-up" delays that plagued much digital gear from decades past.

#5 Sideshowqaz

Sideshowqaz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Tks again!

- Matt

#6 Sideshowqaz

Sideshowqaz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

Ron - would sincerely appreciate your insights on my adjacent post "L2T Intermittent Popping"... Problem appears solved, but would really like to understand why...

Tks

- Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users